Girl Child Education and Women Empowerment Project (GEWP) - 2020
Education is one of the most critical areas of empowerment for women. It is also an area that offers some of the clearest examples of discrimination women suffer. Among children not attending school, there are many girls. Among illiterate adults, there are twice as many women as men.
Offering girls primary education is one sure way of giving them a much higher power, which is of enabling them to make good choices. This, however, is not a luxury. The Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women establish it as a fundamental human right.
Girl child Education & Women Empowerment Project (GEWP) focuses on improving the conditions by which girls, especially those in the marginalized communities can access quality education. Education is an important tool which enables women and girls to participate in decisions that affect their lives and in improving their social status. GEWP, while working through the formal school systems as well as through the integrated programs of Vishvodayaa Trust provides the necessary. Following the Right to Education, Vishvodayaa Trust has been actively engaged with other agencies and the larger civil society to support girl Child Education in its true spirit. GEWP is committed to enabling effective implementation of education provisions and policies for rights.
Importance of Educating the Girl Child
• Economic development and prosperity: Educating the girl child will help in empowering them to come forward and contribute towards the prosperity and development of the country.
• Economic empowerment: Helpless condition can’t be changed for the men if the women are backward and depend on men. Economic independence and empowerment will come when we educate the girl child.
• Improved life: Educating of the girl child helps in the improvement of a good life. The identity of the girl won’t be lost. She has the ability to read and learn about her own rights. She won’t be trodden down about her rights. There will be a general improvement in her life.
• Improved health: Educated girls bring an awareness of the importance of hygiene and health. Through education, they can lead a healthy lifestyle. The women that are educated can carter for their children better.
• Dignity and honour: Educated women are now looked upon with dignity and honour. They become a source of inspiration for millions of young girls who make them their role-models.
• The choice to choose a profession of her choice: educated girls can prove to be successful in their different professions. When the girl child has the opportunity to be educated, it gives her a better chance to become a successful cook, engineer, doctor or the choice of the profession she wants.
Here is what you can do for Girl Child Education and Women Empowerment Project (GEWP) - 2020
Meet our Champion Change Agents
Have a look at our superheroes who helped non-profits in reaching out to new supporters and opened new avenues of fundraising.
About Battle of the Buffet
Battle of The Buffet (BoB) is an annual fundraising event organized by Chennai Mission, Manava Seva Dharma Samvardhini Trust, and Aram Porul to support NGOs based out of Tamil Nadu. Earlier, BoB was celebrated as part of ‘Daan Utsav’, a Festival of Giving. Due to COVID, this year BoB is celebrated in the month of Dec 2020.
This year close to 50 NGOs from Tamil Nadu working for various causes including COVID relief, education, health, livelihood, differently-abled are participating. Participating charities raise funds using this, while the donor gets exclusive access to entertainment and food from leading hotels, delivered at home.
Since its inception in 2009, this mega fundraising event has raised close to Rs. 30 crores, benefitting hundreds of projects and causes of NGOs.
Here is your chance to FUNDine to make a difference in the lives of people.
With a donation of ₹300 you can avail an exclusive access to a virtual event. If you donate ₹5000 you can avail a sumptuous dinner delivered home (home delivery within Chennai only)
To know more www.battleofbuffet.org