Help in Farmers Interest (Project - HiFi)
Delta Region of Tamil Nadu was highly affected due to the Gaja Cyclone and many such natural calamities like drought, heavy rainfall.
Major occupation of Nagapattinam is sea-borne trading, fishing, and agriculture.
There are lot of issues faced by people of this region.
- Water scarcity and drought
- Deforestation due to natural calamities
- No proper facilities to store drinking water
- Awareness towards importance of conserving water
Our Project HiFi (Help in Farmers interest) is an initiative to support Rural India and ensure we play a little role in supporting the farmers, rural communities and help in the global fight of removing poverty as per UNDG and SDG -6 for Clean water and sanitation as per UNDP.
We want to develop Nagapattinam as a model community by making it green and self sufficient.
- Pond & Canal Restoration
- Tree Plantation
- Pond clean up drive
- Awareness sessions on need for conserving environment and best practices in Agriculture
- 3.72 crores Gallons of Water stored in the restored ponds, 4800 people at Nagapattinam benefitted.
- 1 acres of dry land rejuvenated as water body can provide water for more than 700 people in a Panchayat.
- 4 Kms of canal can make 700 acres of land fertile making it highly beneficial for farmers.
- Help in reducing the carbon footprint, increase Green Cover, improve soil fertility and reducing soil erosion.
Here is what you can do for Help in Farmers Interest (Project - HiFi)
Meet our Champion Change Agents
Have a look at our superheroes who helped non-profits in reaching out to new supporters and opened new avenues of fundraising.
About Battle of the Buffet
Battle of The Buffet (BoB) is an annual fundraising event organized by Chennai Mission, Manava Seva Dharma Samvardhini Trust, and Aram Porul to support NGOs based out of Tamil Nadu. Earlier, BoB was celebrated as part of ‘Daan Utsav’, a Festival of Giving. Due to COVID, this year BoB is celebrated in the month of Dec 2020.
This year close to 50 NGOs from Tamil Nadu working for various causes including COVID relief, education, health, livelihood, differently-abled are participating. Participating charities raise funds using this, while the donor gets exclusive access to entertainment and food from leading hotels, delivered at home.
Since its inception in 2009, this mega fundraising event has raised close to Rs. 30 crores, benefitting hundreds of projects and causes of NGOs.
Here is your chance to FUNDine to make a difference in the lives of people.
With a donation of ₹300 you can avail an exclusive access to a virtual event. If you donate ₹5000 you can avail a sumptuous dinner delivered home (home delivery within Chennai only)
To know more www.battleofbuffet.org