Livelihood Support to Covid 19 affected families
Originally most of the families depend on daily casual labor. Usually every year, these areas affect by the destructive flood disaster. Under privileged women (who are pushed to hold the family as a female headed family) of the proposed project regions have in critical economic condition because of their poverty and unsustainable work to generate their income. Unemployment is one of the major problems among the community, due to lack of right skills. However this COVID-19 Pandemic situation made the scenario more worst than the ordinary disaster, and made most of their lives upside down and left them unemployed and jobless. It is very hard for them to feed the family and fulfill their basic needs in this situation. The livelihood programme aims to assist them to lead their life on their own with the skills that will provide them security in their economic status.
The Socio & Economic Situation:
Women play an active role in day to day survival of the poorer communities in urban slums. They bear the double burden of work in the house and out of the house. The low rate of literacy in the women of disadvantaged part of the community. They do not have any other skill to earning. There is increasing risk for scarcity of livelihood and employment in the region at this pandemic situation.
· Organizing women in the urban slum
· Conducting awareness and motivation sessions
· Extending financial help to start their own income generation schemes
· Extending financial assistance towards income generation units
· Creating market facilities for their products
· It improves the economic statues of the disadvantaged people
· It creates hope among underprivileged group to lead their life in decent way
· It prevents child labour as the parents earn sufficient money to put the children in the school
· It prevents target people to take business loans (Thandal) for higher rate of interest of money lenders
· It ensures staple income of the family
· It inculcates saving habit in the minds of the beneficiaries
· It avoids dependence among target group
· It creates self sufficiency and self reliant among slum people
Here is what you can do for Livelihood Support to Covid 19 affected families
Meet our Champion Change Agents
Have a look at our superheroes who helped non-profits in reaching out to new supporters and opened new avenues of fundraising.
About Battle of the Buffet
Battle of The Buffet (BoB) is an annual fundraising event organized by Chennai Mission, Manava Seva Dharma Samvardhini Trust, and Aram Porul to support NGOs based out of Tamil Nadu. Earlier, BoB was celebrated as part of ‘Daan Utsav’, a Festival of Giving. Due to COVID, this year BoB is celebrated in the month of Dec 2020.
This year close to 50 NGOs from Tamil Nadu working for various causes including COVID relief, education, health, livelihood, differently-abled are participating. Participating charities raise funds using this, while the donor gets exclusive access to entertainment and food from leading hotels, delivered at home.
Since its inception in 2009, this mega fundraising event has raised close to Rs. 30 crores, benefitting hundreds of projects and causes of NGOs.
Here is your chance to FUNDine to make a difference in the lives of people.
With a donation of ₹300 you can avail an exclusive access to a virtual event. If you donate ₹5000 you can avail a sumptuous dinner delivered home (home delivery within Chennai only)
To know more www.battleofbuffet.org