Mental Illness Health Awareness Campaign
- “No health without mental health” by WHO.
- All the human activities are based on mental health.Mental health make a healthy society among children,adolescent,women and needed people
- Mental illness is like autism, ADHD, Anorexia, Depression, Schizophrenia, Bi-Polar Disorder, Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Paranoia, Phobia and suicide many other illnesses.
- We aware and understand the concept of mental illness and how everyone should find the mental illness we want to flourish healthy family and children to make a better society.
- Raise awareness of Mental Health conditions
- Encourage others to speak freely of Mental Health
- Offer advice, information and support across people
- Suggest the solutions for mental illness.
- Strength and effective leadership and governance for mental health.
- Provide comprehensive ,integrated and responsive mental health and social care services in community based settings
- Implement strategies for promotion and prevention in mental health
- Strengthen information systems, evidence and research for mental health,
- Mental health promotion involves actions that improve psychological well-being. There are a number of ways to promote mental health, including early childhood interventions; support to children; socio-economic empowerment of women; social support for elderly populations; programmes targeted at vulnerable people; mental health promotional activities in schools; mental health interventions at work; housing policies; violence prevention programmes; and anti-discrimination laws and campaigns. Mental health promotion should be mainstreamed into governmental and nongovernmental policies and programmes. In addition to the health sector, it is essential to involve the education, labour, justice, transport, environment, housing, and welfare sectors.
- Essential to a human’s collective and individual ability to think, emote, interact and be economically productive.
- Pay attention to warning signs. Work with your doctor or therapist to learn what might trigger your symptoms. Make a plan so that you know what to do if symptoms return. Contact your doctor or therapist if you notice any changes in symptoms or how you feel. Consider involving family members or friends to watch for warning signs.
- Get routine medical care. Don't neglect checkups or skip visits to your primary care provider, especially if you aren't feeling well. You may have a new health problem that needs to be treated, or you may be experiencing side effects of medication.
- Get help when you need it. Mental health conditions can be harder to treat if you wait until symptoms get bad. Long-term maintenance treatment also may help prevent a relapse of symptoms.
- Take good care of yourself. Sufficient sleep, healthy eating and regular physical activity are important. Try to maintain a regular schedule. Talk to your primary care provider if you have trouble sleeping or if you have questions about diet and physical activity.
Here is what you can do for Mental Illness Health Awareness Campaign
Meet our Champion Change Agents
Have a look at our superheroes who helped non-profits in reaching out to new supporters and opened new avenues of fundraising.
About Battle of the Buffet
Battle of The Buffet (BoB) is an annual fundraising event organized by Chennai Mission, Manava Seva Dharma Samvardhini Trust, and Aram Porul to support NGOs based out of Tamil Nadu. Earlier, BoB was celebrated as part of ‘Daan Utsav’, a Festival of Giving. Due to COVID, this year BoB is celebrated in the month of Dec 2020.
This year close to 50 NGOs from Tamil Nadu working for various causes including COVID relief, education, health, livelihood, differently-abled are participating. Participating charities raise funds using this, while the donor gets exclusive access to entertainment and food from leading hotels, delivered at home.
Since its inception in 2009, this mega fundraising event has raised close to Rs. 30 crores, benefitting hundreds of projects and causes of NGOs.
Here is your chance to FUNDine to make a difference in the lives of people.
With a donation of ₹300 you can avail an exclusive access to a virtual event. If you donate ₹5000 you can avail a sumptuous dinner delivered home (home delivery within Chennai only)
To know more www.battleofbuffet.org