The need of the project, Multiple Sclerosis is a disease of the Central Nervous System, affecting, its functioning unexpectedly and repeatedly, resulting in devastating disabilities in young people in the prime of their lives. Our bodies contain fatty substance called myelin which surrounds and protects nerve fibres of the brain of the brain and spinal cord (CNS). When any part of this myelin sheathing is destroyed , nerve impulses to the brain are interrupted and distorted. This results in sclerosed patches which are formed in the CNS, which results in Multiple Sclerosis. Symptoms may include tingling sensations, numbness, slurred speech, blurred or double vision, muscle weakness, poor coordination, unusual fatigue, muscle cramps, spasms, problems with bladder, bowel, and sexual dysfunction an paralysis. To overcome all these difficulties, neuro physiotherapy can play an essential role in keeping a patient active. Neuro Physiotherapy can help patients learn to cope with their changing body condition, develop strength and stamina, regain abilities after each disease flare up. Neuro Physiotherapy is often recommended when there is a specific problem or ongoing symptoms that effect day-to-day activities, mobility and independence. From the phase of diagnose to advanced level of MS, physiotherapy is needed , depends on an individual’s physical condition.
- Identify the patient needs of Neuro physiotherapy
- Identify the Neuro physiotherapist
- Pre and post assessment monthly by the physiotherapist
- Follow up by the social worker to the patient house during physiotherapy
- Prognosis and recovery assessment by neurologist
The Organisation has tie up with physiotherapists. We do have regular house visit i.e. follow up with the client activities and treatment especially physiotherapy. Follow up with patients and the doctors regarding each patient treatment process and receive monthly report from the physiotherapist regarding the functional abilities of the patient as per the EDSS Scale.
- Neuro Physiotherapists provide a unique contribution to the management of people with MS through the improvement and maintenance of functional abilities
- Helping MS patients to return to their roles performed at home, workplace, and in the community
- It can reduce disability, maximize potential for independence, improve employment sustainability and reduce the impact that the disease has on their health and MS patients are able to lead an enhanced quality of life
- Improve the coping capacity of MS patients to manage themselves and their daily functioning
- It reduces the physical and psychological burden of the caregiver from the long term care to MS Patients
- Development of positive reinforcement in MS patients makes normal life manageable inspite of MS
Here is what you can do for Neuro Physiotherapy
Meet our Champion Change Agents
Have a look at our superheroes who helped non-profits in reaching out to new supporters and opened new avenues of fundraising.
About Battle of the Buffet
Battle of The Buffet (BoB) is an annual fundraising event organized by Chennai Mission, Manava Seva Dharma Samvardhini Trust, and Aram Porul to support NGOs based out of Tamil Nadu. Earlier, BoB was celebrated as part of ‘Daan Utsav’, a Festival of Giving. Due to COVID, this year BoB is celebrated in the month of Dec 2020.
This year close to 50 NGOs from Tamil Nadu working for various causes including COVID relief, education, health, livelihood, differently-abled are participating. Participating charities raise funds using this, while the donor gets exclusive access to entertainment and food from leading hotels, delivered at home.
Since its inception in 2009, this mega fundraising event has raised close to Rs. 30 crores, benefitting hundreds of projects and causes of NGOs.
Here is your chance to FUNDine to make a difference in the lives of people.
With a donation of ₹300 you can avail an exclusive access to a virtual event. If you donate ₹5000 you can avail a sumptuous dinner delivered home (home delivery within Chennai only)
To know more www.battleofbuffet.org